Tuesday, October 30, 2007


i am incredibly desirous of this sweater coat from anthropologie. i have wanted a sweater coat forever and am contemplating spending the money to get a good one. i think i shall get myself downtown this weekend and do a little shopping. i did get my first paycheck this week, which would actually cover the cost of this coat, though i should probably be responsible and save. carbonella sweater coat
also fond of this one - and it has a hood! - though i don't think it looks quite as warm and i don't know about the seaming.... spooky story sweatercoat

and then there are these:

which are the shoes i wore all last winter and spring and threw out as i walked out of my dorm for the last time because the soles had been falling off for weeks. i would really like to buy myself another pair, because they are the perfect black flats, but i keep finding reasons not to. perhaps i'll just give in. blowfish stella antique black flats

the thing is, i am a graduate student. i have enough money to treat myself every once in a while, but i don't really have enough money to keep buying myself clothes, as i have been doing since i got here (first old navy stuff, of which i still need to return the ill fitting jeans and too tight shirt, and now awaiting undies from victoria's secret - necessary!). sooooo... perhaps i'll wait just a bit longer. but the thing with the sweater coat is that it's perfect weather right now, and probably won't be in another month. once i get back to california i'd be able to wear it again, but chicago probably won't keep treating me this nicely for long.

(if you can't tell, i'm not doing my reading. which is very very irresponsible of me. i'm going to go back to it now. i swear. no more looking at clothes.)

No comments: