Saturday, October 20, 2007

sleepy day....

Michael Clayton last night with KS and MB (first year history girls) downtown. We'd intended to see Across the Universe, but it was sold out, even though we arrived half an hour before the show. So we went with the next available show. I'd heard a bit from a friend and the nytimes, and it's George Clooney - something pretty to look at at least! And it turned out to be a wonderful film. Very smart, just enough occasional humor to counteract the cancer and corruption, and good political/corporate undercutting. Highly recommended.

Of course, then, I couldn't sleep at all last night. 3am...4am...5am... and finally fell asleep only to dream about some sort of crazy pirate adventure where tom cruise was a flying doctor who had to save a number of children with serious internal injuries. apparently watching grey's anatomy before bed isn't the best idea.

And today has been spent trying to read, cleaning house a bit, and at Costco with KS. Such an overwhelming place.... but I think I made it out without buying anything I didn't going in meaning to buy. Chicken, parmasean, cereal, a dvd player. and lots of deodorant. just means I won't have to buy deodorant for the rest of grad school.

Tonight.... well, tonight I'll probably spend camped out in front of the tv/reading ... all alone... and I don't even have a bottle of wine. how sad am I? I did make bechamel and pasta for dinner... perfect comfort food. a little thick, but added some of my parm and nutmeg and it made for quite a treat.

not muches:
The light coming into my room when I woke up this morning, off the yellow in the bedspread.
Piles of leaves along the road, slowly growing and changing in the wind.
Bend it Like Beckham on TV.

No comments: