Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Something to start

Today was a vindication of my cooking in the last weeks. While I know that it tastes good, to see what I've been doing in the nytimes dining section made me feel quite skilled. So maybe I'm not as skilled as Mark Bittman, but apparently I'm onto something. Speaking of, another trip to the produce shop is definitely in order as I'm down to half a zucchini and some potatoes with lots of eyes. Thursday's Minimalist

How much longer can the pledge drive last? Grad student me can't really afford to donate, as much as I'd like to, but hearing them begging and cheering and guilting every fifteen minutes or so is slowly wearing me down.

Speaking of grad student me and money, I am giving myself a pat on the back for the discount tickets I found for winter break. Not only do I have two non-stop flights, but one of them is on Virgin America, which I have never flown before but about which I hear fantastic things. Sadly, they only fly between a few cities, but seeing as DC and SF are among them, I figured I'd give it a try. This trip is going to be the perfect reward for finishing my first quarter.

Small sensations from today:

The smell of our cabinet - tea, ginger, and almond cookies
The start of rain - pink gray sky, shushing in the trees

No comments: