Monday, October 22, 2007

too much of a good thing...

more productive today. barely. but I did get out of the house, go to work and the library, read enough to make class tomorrow at least vaguely interesting. And I started reading for my seminar paper - a terribly romantical account of a Guatemalan journalist's travels around the country. All silences of the streets and beauties of the colored light and the reflection of a woman's eyes through window glass. And this is what I get to write about this year! Hurrah!

also, after much hemming and hawing and making excuses, I finally made a doctor's appointment. November 6th, 8:30 am, I shall finally make sure I'm as healthy as I pretend to be and talk to someone about birth control. or something for my moods. and maybe ask about my wrist as well. this is beginning to sound like the appointment my mom had in September. I know doctors are busy... I probably should not set my hopes too high.

This cisco kid needs to leave Morocco so that CS (wonder friend from the Big H supposedly doing human rights work for the year) can get back to doing what he's been given money to do. I love that boy, I really do, but he's easily swayed away from doing what he spent the first part of the fall preparing to do. Namely, put together a project and stick with it. I do worry about him... He does have to report back and I have the feeling that his Fulbright hopes might be more successful if he's able to prove himself to the people funding him now.

not muches:
The man who roller bladed by me wearing knee, elbow, and wrist guards and a pith helmet.

No comments: