Tuesday, October 30, 2007

and now back to our regularly scheduled programing

Mostly. no longer speaking specifically about my brother, but, much less seriously, about Brothers & Sisters. To which I have been addicted since, oh, January of last year? That's about right... I got very sick during intersession and started watching episodes online before going to bed during thesis stress-out. Since then I think I've only actually caught it on tv once or twice, but it has, again, become part of my pre-sleep routine, as I don't know how attached RP is to it and it's online by Monday in any case. Why am I mentioning this? Because it's the only show that consistently makes me cry and I think I needed a good cry last night after my major stress out of the past couple days.

I love how the show is constructed, how the siblings all provide foils for each other, one falling apart as another finally gets things together. Right now it's Sarah and Kitty moving in opposite directions on the same path. Of course, Kitty's life is not necessarily a picnic - being engaged to a presidential candidate is no easy business, neither is being the sole Republican in the family - but her growing happiness makes it so much harder to watch Sarah slowly fall apart. All I have to say is that we'd better get some explanation from Joe sometime soon as to why he's being such an ass. How could he do what he did this week? I haven't ever lived through a divorce, but theirs didn't seem to be a particularly vicious one until he surprised everyone this week. Why would he do that? Why???? Definitely a tear jerker. Though Robert's debate performance and very un-Republican seeming middle of the roadness and openness was a nice smile to make up for it. On a separate note, someone needs to catch on to what's going on with Justin very soon. I'm betting on Rebecca or some sort of mutual discovery with Tommy.

My other tv online indulgence is Gossip Girl, perhaps at the opposite end of tv dramady. I'll talk about that some other night, but if you need a bit of brainless, well-dressed fluff with a good soundtrack and lots of cattiness, try it out.

now back to "work"... i.e. vaguely alphabetizing and cataloging more of this library but mostly pushing through the rest of the dissertation I'm supposed to have read for tomorrow.

Here's hoping CS made it to Spain and is on his way back now with a renewed visa.

No comments: