Friday, October 26, 2007

what are we going to do today?

Nothing to post about, which is why I didn't post. I've decided that I'm going to be very productive this weekend regarding my seminar paper. Maybe if I write it here, I actually will do this. My plan: 1) Go through the travel guides we have here and make a database of travelers' routes. 2) Look for patterns/changes over time. Hopefully narrow down my topic based on these observations. 3) Since Prof has asked us to bring in a numerically based/census-like primary source, look at the 1920, 1930, and 1940 Guatemala censuses and match up with my database of traveler stops. Maybe this will indicate something.

Obviously, this is not a project I'm going to finish completely this weekend. I do have 3 books to read as well. But I need to start working. Annoying 2nd year A mentioned in class on Weds that she already has an outline. Admittedly, she's crazy and everyone in the class had a stunned look on their faces when she dropped that into conversation. But it's still a prod in the right direction.

Otherwise, I'm hoping that Grad Hist is having a Halloween party... I haven't heard anything yet, but apparently they usually do. If not, I guess RP and I will just dress up on Halloween itself and go wander the next street over, as that's apparently the most enthusiastic Halloween street.

Happy opening to KRB!


not muches:
MB's unintentional ballroom dancer bangs Weds evening
A basket full of clean laundry awaiting me post-shower

No comments: