Tuesday, October 30, 2007

agreed

with this I agree completely

show me a man pushing a stroller or with a baby strapped to his chest and i automatically get very sentimental and want to awwww all over him. Emilio - the one lat am prof I'm not taking a class from this quarter - has two daughters who I see him with all over the place and it just makes him all the more perfect. he was at the Big H last year and the one time I was able to point him out to friends was a beautiful sunny day when he was out with one of them on his shoulders. giant cuban man with a brightly colored shirt and tie on and a tiny little girl perched way up high. perfection.

in other news, spent last night with B & Z again. no musical beds this time, though Z did have me lay next to her til she was asleep. much cuteness, lots of puzzles and stories, and fun bath time with no soap in the eyes or slipping (not that either of these happened last time, but I'm always worried it will). they're remarkably good at sharing for a 3 & 5 year old and even ask to be excused from the table. minimal fighting over who got to put the last puzzle piece in and shut the door to the closet, but nothing that wasn't resolved with a decision to make both joint efforts.

it does make my life so much happier when I have small children I can play with on occasion. there's no way I can think about guatemalan tourism or mexican film in the 30s when I'm running after two singing small ones and it makes me relax and forget in a way nothing else does, not even gym-ing. I miss H a good deal, but she and her mom are finally settled back in Germany and I hear from them every few weeks. I think it might be time for another postcard to be sent that way sometime soon.

best/most ridiculous story of the weekend: RP went out Saturday night, as previously mentioned, with a group of new friends to go Halloween clubbing downtown. She was dressed up as a fire fighter, complete with helmet and axe (she's small enough to fit in a child's costume, amazingly) and was having a great time, when some huge drunk guy started crashing into their dance circle every few minutes. His girlfriend couldn't keep him under control, despite repeated requests from RP et al, so RP decided to comically bump back into him with a little butt shake dance. Apparently drunk guy didn't find this funny, turned around, picked her up and dropped her on the ground. Quite literally - one arm around her face, the other around her back, up in the air down on the ground. Immediate response from the new friends who shoved him off of her until the bouncer could come over and kick him out. She's fine, mostly thanks to the firefighter helmet. A bit bruised on her back, but no concussion. Walgreens apparently carries some sturdy Halloween costumes.

No comments: