Monday, November 26, 2007

dress debates

as have much much to do in the next 9 days before i leave for boston, decided to get one out of the way today that would just stress me out more later - finding a dress for the ball. thus, instead of going to the library after work, i went downtown to filene's basement (such a disappointment compared to the boston one!), nordstrom rack, and macy's. 4 hour shopping trip. utterly exhausting. but did find a dress, even if i'm not 100% in love with it and spent a little more than i had planned, especially for a dress that i'm not passionate about.

anyways. here it is:



it was more on sale at the store than it is on the web, but still $100 (which is a lot for me, especially seeing as how the best dress ever only cost $50). it has pockets, a cute print, is actually a brighter purple and floofier than in the picture, and screams for shiny black patent leather heels and big jewelry, which i shall have to find. buttons, cute skinny sash, and flattering cut on me (despite being much much bustier than the model), but the neckline is a little off and, of course, my arms look wretchedly flabby. but oh well. that's going to happen with any dress.

the plan is this: i will take the dress, with tags still attached and receipt safely guarded in my wallet, to boston with me. i will contemplate it. i will take it shopping with me at the boston filene's and macy's, wherein i will decide if it should be returned and replaced. i will be vaguely sorry to be mean to such a pretty dress, which would be perfect for many a winter party, but may just not have the stuff to make it at the ball. either way, i will not style my hair the way this model has.

in the next ten days i have to:

contemplate this dress some more
read 3 books for class discussion
write a 15 p historiography paper for my guatemala project
write a 10 p paper on as yet unknown subject for colonialism/poco
get my hair cut
digitize all the primary sources i have to avoid carting 20lbs of books home
find presents for my dad and friends i'm visiting
continue going to work/maybe finish cataloguing the library
not get sick. really.
not get sick

No comments: