Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Austenland

here's something i'll probably try to find for my next plane ride/during winter break (when i let myself indulge in chick lit)


30 something girl's aunt leaves her a trip to Pembrook Place, a resort where everything and everyone looks and lives like an Austen novel. sounds like perfect escapism to me.

i'm not always the biggest fan of austen sequels or the like, but sometimes, when i go in without any expectations and just want a distraction, i'm pleasantly surprised. At the end of the summer, my mom gave me Linda Berdoll's Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, an utterly delightful, rather raunchy sequel to p&p. more than rather raunchy. very sexy. seems that people either loved it or hated it on amazon. if you're not expecting it, it's more than a little startling, but hey, sometimes a good romance novel sex scene is great, especially when stuck in a fun story.

No comments: