Friday, February 1, 2008

an attempt

i shall attempt to be a better blogger!

today was still incredibly snowy. but my new boots helped.


i gave up on the multiple attempts at knee high boots. apparently my calves are giant and my ankles are oddly shaped, because none of the beautiful boots that i carefully oggled, selected, waited for, and carefully unwrapped when they finally showed up fit well enough for me to invest the amount of money they cost me. so, i gave up and bought a pair of sorels from sierratradingpost.com and while they are more than slightly boatish, they keep my feet warm and i can go tromping. so, snow is beautiful, if still inconvenient, again.

other than that, lovely evening out with first years as mb's boyfriend is in town for the weekend. deliciously huge mediterranean meal at cedars - hummus, pita, lamb, cauliflower, baba ganooj, veggie curry, and divine rice pudding and baklava for desert. still full. still so happy.

seeing mb with the bf made me wish for friends to visit again... having ap and fchm here a couple weekends ago was so lovely. i enjoy my friends here, but big h people still know me better. and ap is the best of make bfs i've had.... default date, whatever. we go on wonderful outings and snuggle and can hang out for simply ever. and i think we've never had any hang ups in sexual tension or contemplating anything more, at least not from this side. i do hope that we stay friends forever.

in any case.... it is late, i am contemplating splurging at anthropologie sale site on some beautiful things i'll post later. i think it's time to invest in some good quality clothes that won't just lose their sparkle with wear.

No comments: